How To Measure Your Wheels for Spoke Guards
1. Find the diameter of your wheel. In most cases the diameter is written on the tire. As you can see in the photo above, this tire has 24 inch written on it.
2. If it is not written, measure the diameter of the tire as shown in the photo. Don't be surprised if your tire size is not exact. A 24 inch tire which is under inflated or has is a high pressure tire may appear to be somewhat less than 24 inches.
3. Order your spoke guard by the tire size. In the example here, the tire size is 24 inch, order a spoke guard for 24 inch tire.
* If your tire diameter is 24 inch, you will receive spoke guards that are approximately 19 3/4 inch diameter.
* If your tire diameter is 22 inch, you will receive spoke guards that are approximately 18 inch diameter.
* If your tire diameter is 20 inch, you will receive spoke guards that are appoximately 16 inch diameter.
Note: The majority of adult wheelchairs have 24 inch wheels, while the majority of children's wheelchairs have 20 inch wheels. Though 22 inch are also used for children as well as some adults.
As can seen in the photo below spoke guards of 19 3/4 fit the spoke area of 24 inch wheels. Your spoke guard may fit somewhat differently.